Sunday, June 1, 2014

6.1.14

This week started out with a bang!  On Memorial Day Adrian and Tracey came up with their cute kids and we tried to catch crawdads.  Unsuccessfully, but we had fun trying.  So we had a shrimp fry instead and it was sure yummy!  We had a great time with them.

Tuesday Thomas had his first lacrosse game this week.  It was hot but a fun game to watch.  Unfortunately, Thomas got hit in the chest twice with a fast-moving lacrosse ball.  Good thing he was wearing pads, because he still got bruised ribs.  He was sore for a few days, but is feeling much better now.

It was the last week of school, so lots of swim days and signing yearbooks and super kids days and parties with friends and sunburns.  Thomas helped Rich and Kellie with their yard twice this week.  

Friday was super busy until Thomas's lacrosse game got cancelled.  Really, it was a relief for me, although I know several families were planning to go.  Still waiting for word on whether or not they are rescheduling it for this Friday.  Janille and her kids came for an hour or so, though and we had a great time with them.  The Navajo tacos were yummy, too!  

Thomas had a lacrosse game Saturday.  Another game they lost by a lot but was fun to watch.  Then Annelise had her first voice recital that night.  She did so great!  She made me cry.  ;)

For primary music the song we picked for the month is "Families Can Be Together Forever".  If I don't think while I sing I can do it without crying.  I'm having them review the songs from the last couple of months and trying to avoid thinking about what to have them sing in sacrament meeting for Father's Day.

Here's to our first week of summer! 







No comments: