Saturday we went to the Hansen Family reunion at Wheeler Farm. It was so good to see family members. I love to see Gerald, Nick's cousin, who received Nick's kidney, doing so well. It makes me happy.
We spent Saturday night at Nick's sister Natalie's house in Layton. And I went on my first date besides Nick in 17 years. It wasn't as scary as I thought it would be. He seems like a nice guy.
Today was Father's Day. I need to take a minute and thank all the wonderful men in my life. At the Widow's Conference, I learned how important it is to have positive and good men in my children's lives, ones they can look up to, talk to, ask questions of, and receive positive feedback, interaction, and hugs. Thanks to all of you great guys in my kids' lives that can give them what they so desperately miss here at home.
Church wasn't as hard as I thought it would be since I had a cute little 2-year-old Betsey on my lap all through sacrament meeting. I got to feel the Spirit, enjoy the music, and help my nieces discover the joys of clip-on earrings all at the same time! I think the boys received something at church that was meant for their Dad, but they quickly devoured it all by themselves. Makes sense, right? I'm not their Dad!
After church we went and visited Jen and see her pets and her yard. It looks great! What a fun visit. She is so great at validating each of my kids interests and helping them feel confident in their potential. Love it. Then we got to see and hold my newest niece, Jane Sage. Such a cutie.
And then Annelise started feeling sick. Yuck, I hate that feeling. Hopefully we didn't get anyone sick. I'm voting for food poisoning or motion sickness. Anyone else want to vote? Hopefully she will feel all better in the morning.

No comments:
Post a Comment