Christopher had the Raingutter Regatta this week for Cub Scouts. We worked on his boat and painted it his favorite color of green. He did great! They did a double-elimination playoff and he lost his first race, but then won every race afterwards until the very last one. So he took second place and had a great time! I added some pictures. Throne of Strings is one of the companies Thomas buys lacrosse stuff from, Christopher thought the sticker was cool.
Thomas has played lacrosse most days this week. He is playing in a tournament next weekend in Park City so he had three practices for that. He is also playing box lacrosse (indoor lacrosse) on Wednesdays. He has been working doing yard work for neighbors a lot this week and has blisters on his hands to prove it.
Chrisopher and I have been sanding down his dresser so we can repaint it. I also bought a new exterior door for my storage room. The door there now is an interior door and I wish I had replaced it 11 years ago, but now is better than never. My friend Mandi helped me find one on KSL Classified for $75 that is solid wood in knotty alder. It is very pretty. I get to sand it and stain it this week, then Mandi's husband will install it for me. Very exciting!
I finished the two maxi skirts I started last week. Annelise and I both wore ours to church today and I included a picture. They ended up being a little more work than I'd anticipated but I like the end result!
I guess I left the rotary cutter out on the floor in the front room, though...with the guard down...and Christopher kicked it with his little toe and got a bad cut. I probably should have taken him in to get stitches, but he let me clean it good and put some liquid skin on it and butterfly bandages and a regular bandage and has kept socks and shoes on, so if we can keep it clean and dry and not let it get split open for a couple of weeks, I think he will be okay.
Church today was really hard. There were wonderful talks in sacrament meeting, one by a member of our ward who is in the Logan Temple presidency. He talked about the difference between a temple marriage and a celestial marriage. The entire gospel of Jesus Christ is based on choices, none of us are forced to do anything. And at the final judgment, we will get to decide if we want to spend eternity with the person we are sealed to. So we need to spend our time here living a life that will prepare us for the celestial kingdom and creating the kind of relationship that our spouse will want to spend eternity with us. Then our bishop talked about putting our relationship with our spouse first (after our relationship with Heavenly Father, of course) ahead of our job, ahead of our kids, ahead of our hobbies, ahead of our own wants and desires.
I am so blessed to have such a wonderful relationship with Nick. I choose to spend eternity with him and need to continue to live my life so that I am worth of that blessing and of being someone he wants to spend eternity with. The meeting was very emotional for me and I ended up crying for about 2 1/2 hours straight. My sweet friend Mandi stood up in the middle of the bishop's talk to come sit by me and put her arm around me. I had arranged for my friend Jenna to go through Father's Day songs with the kids, but she said she would do all of singing time and I got to sit and cry some more. I also got to be there when Annelise was set apart as the second counselor in the Beehive presidency. The Spirit was so strong in that room.
I know that our loved ones are still watching over us and that Nick is still the priesthood leader of my family. I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for us to be happy and that living the principles of the gospel is the surest way to happiness.
I hope you have a great week, and go hug someone you love!



No comments:
Post a Comment