Wednesday Christopher received his Webelos and his Arrow of Light in Cub Scouts. It was so great to see him rewarded for all his hard work. And what a cute kid!
Annelise is taking a guitar class in school and spends a good chunk of each day playing and singing. It is so fun to hear. Christopher is excitedly planning his birthday party and every day comes up with something new that he thinks would be fun to receive for a present. I may have to pick one out of a hat. ;)
I have been doing peaches. Yum! Canning, leather, drying, eating. In primary music my challenge is to get the kids to sing the words they know so I can figure out what they are still struggling with and also to get them to sing louder. I used a decibel meter app, which they loved, but then they don't cut off when they should or sing softly when they should. Also, the max decibel reading seems to always be the same, I think because the piano is so loud. I'm still rethinking that.
Thomas's new belt came this week, he has been so excited to put his new belt buckle on it and wear it. We decided it probably wasn't Sunday appropriate, but I think he will be wearing it a lot other days of the week.
I met a guy at a dance on Friday who shared his conversion story with me. He was very opposed to religion growing up and considered himself an atheist. He started dating a girl, though, who was LDS and agreed to take the discussions. He went through the discussions twice without feeling anything. Then a new missionary came into the area and they struck up a friendship. This missionary shared his testimony and suddenly the guy felt things he hadn't felt before. When he asked the missionary what the feelings were, he told him it was the Holy Ghost. The guy asked, "That means I need to take the discussions again, doesn't it?" This time when he listened he felt the Spirit and knew that the gospel is true and joined the church. Talking with that missionary later, he found out that the missionary had been told that he would share the gospel with someone who otherwise wouldn't join the church. I hope we can all listen to the promptings we get to share the gospel with those we come in contact with.


No comments:
Post a Comment