We had a birthday party for Christopher on Friday. He had so much fun! He received more than one Nerf gun, and that brings the number of guns he has like that to eight. In fact, the party was mostly a bunch of 10 and11-year-old boys shooting Nerf guns at each other. They had a great time. :)
Saturday I went to a Widow/Widower's conference. It was great. I ended up going to most of the same classes that I went to in March. I needed the refresher. There was great information on grieving, getting answers to prayers, and about dating--dos and don'ts, things to watch out for, and the best ways to meet someone. The keynote speaker gave good ideas on how to keep our perspective. The closing speaker is the Logan Temple President and he talked about the blessings of the temple.
Today we got to go to the Ogden Temple Rededication. I thought it was amazing, the talks were great and I loved watching it with my kids. Christopher was sick, so he wasn't there, but Thomas and Annelise and I got to enjoy it.
I loved the idea in one of the talks today, I can't remember who gave it, unfortunately. He talked about time being an important part of mortal life. We are asked to do certain things regularly: daily prayer, weekly Family Home Evening, monthly visiting, yearly tithing settlement. We aren't given a particular schedule for attending the temple, but asked to attend regularly. He said "Where your time is spent, there will your heart be also." Where do we spend our time? Is it spent with the things we value the most?
I'm trying to put my energy into the things most important to me. My kids, my testimony, my family and friends, my calling, my health. I think that reevaluating our priorities every once in a while is important.
I hope time is good to you. And that we value our time here.



No comments:
Post a Comment