Yesterday we went to Rich and Kellie's house for Wyatt's birthday party. It was fun to have people come up and introduces themselves. Then when I tell them my name, they say, "Katherine. Oh, yes. I'm so glad to meet you. Kellie and Rich love your family so much. Thank you for all you have done for them." Me? Without them, I'm not sure my house project would have happened. They have been so supportive and loving and giving. It feels nice to be loved.
I had a new experience today. The choir director was out of town and asked me to lead choir practice. I told her that I would be happy to but really don't know what to do or how to do it. She suggested that I pretend they are all primary age and just do my best. It was kind of fun. I'm not sure what they all thought of it, but we went over some tricky parts where people needed help finding the right notes. I didn't really work on phrasing, dynamics, breathing, or anything other than notes, but I think we needed to start with the notes. She can work on the details. ;)
Sacrament meeting today was also a farewell. Bishop McDonald's son is going to Mexico and I just loved his talk and his testimony. Then Brother McBride in the bishopric spoke. At the end he told some of Kenton's story and it was so emotional. I know I was not the only one crying in the room. Of course, I can't think of Kenton's story without thinking about Nick and how their stories connected and then they died less than two weeks apart. I'm so grateful for the confirmation that both of those wonderful people are where they are supposed to be.
I had fun in primary music today. I love it when they know the words and can really sing well and the Spirit can testify of the truth of what they are singing.
I am working on making some changes and am trying hard to find out what Heavenly Father would have me do. I sure appreciate everyone's prayers.
No comments:
Post a Comment