"Maybe your light is the seed
And the darkness the dirt
In spite of the uneven odds
Beauty lifts from the earth
From the earth
You’re much too young now
So I write these words down,
Darkness exists to make light truly count.”
And the darkness the dirt
In spite of the uneven odds
Beauty lifts from the earth
From the earth
You’re much too young now
So I write these words down,
Darkness exists to make light truly count.”
I am still trying hard to keep my focus on being happy. On being a reflection of light to others. To keep doing the things I know are right. Today I watched a YouTube video called The Missing Tile Syndrome. The idea is that sometimes there is something obviously missing in our lives. So that is where we put our focus. That is where our eyes are drawn. That is what we see when we enter a room. But if we can shift our focus to what we do have, to where we are blessed, we will be happier.
One more quote. I love this from President Uchtdorf at the General Women's Meeting on Saturday. “We need to accept that the commandments of God aren’t just a long list of good ideas. They aren’t ‘life hacks’ from an Internet blog, or motivational quotes from a Pinterest board. They are divine counsel, based on eternal truths.”
I hope you feel of Heavenly Father's love as you keep your focus on all He has given and as you keep His commandments.
No comments:
Post a Comment