Sunday, April 6, 2014

4.6.14

Well, we had an exciting week!  We had Spring Break and spent more time in Fairview.  I think we all had a good time and hardly wanted to leave!  On our way home we went to Trafalga with Autumn and her kids where we played laser tag, bowling, and arcade games.  Thomas especially loved the laser tag.  Our friends the Allemans happened to be there at the same time and so I had a good chat with her.

We also visited some friends, the Bartletts and Stacy.  She is doing pretty well and sure appreciates everyone's prayers.  She just found out that she doesn't have to do chemo or radiation!  Yay!  We stayed with David and Jordan and visited with Grandma Wocknitz.  We also went to Scheel's, since we hadn't been there yet.  It was fun to walk around and see all the displays and the sporting goods.  Everything seemed a bit pricey to me, so I'm glad the kids didn't need anything!  Thomas did get a new lacrosse head at Tribal West Lacrosse and is excited to tell everyone about the kind of pocket he is going to put on it and how he is going to dye it a great color.

We went to eat at the Bohemian Grill Thursday night.  Nick loved that Czech restaurant and had even taken Thomas once, but the rest of us hadn't been there.  It was really fun, but I kept wishing Nick were there with us to tell us the significance of the paintings on the wall, the food, the everything.  

I went to a dance on Friday night.  Since this one was for singles 31+, most of the men I danced with are several decades older than me.  It was a lot of fun!  Conference was great, wasn't it?  I love listening to the prophets tell us what Heavenly Father wants us to hear.  My new goal is to be grateful in my circumstances.  I could be the Merry Widow ;).  Between sessions and during the priesthood session, we painted the shelves in the garage.  They may need another coat, I'll have to look at them tomorrow.

I finally put up some more pictures on my walls!  I'll include some pictures so you can see what I've added.  The plates I just put up today, but the other pictures have been up for a couple of weeks.  I'm still waiting for our family picture to put above our kitchen table.  I have the other things I want to put with it all ready!  Some prayers that she will give it back soon couldn't hurt!

Keep your chin up, spring is here! 



No comments: