Thomas got his braces off on Friday! He is very happy to be done with that. No lacrosse games this week, but the next two are in West Jordan on Saturday May 3 at Noon and South Jordan on Saturday May 10 at 1:30. Please let me know if you are interested in going and I'll give you the addresses. We would love to have you come watch!
Saturday Lexie and Dan came and helped trim our fruit trees! They are the ones who helped get my yard ready for the open house last year. She is also Annelise's voice teacher and they have lots of fun animals that some of you have gone with us to see. They have a bunch of new little puppies! Anyway, they came and helped us trim the three apple trees and the apricot tree, and hauled away all the branches from them and the lilac bush that Thomas helped me trim. They have been so great, giving me advice on what I should do with my yard and trees I might consider planting. I'm so sad they are moving next month and we won't be able to visit them as easily.
I'm not quite over my cold yet. I'm struggling with some things and I guess I still need your prayers.
Let's see, what else. Lots of normal things. Carpools, dentist, haircuts, lacrosse practices, temple, teaching art, playing with friends, fun evenings with the Allemans, singles activity, organizing, laundry, dishes, cleaning, sorting, crying, decorating, crafting, shopping, baking, laughing, surfing, scripture study, praying, yard work, pondering. Normal, right?
What a great Easter. The primary kids finally got to sing "Gethsemane" and did a great job! I had lots of people tell me they felt the Spirit during the song, and that was the goal. The choir also got to sing "God So Loved The World" and "I Know That My Redeemer Lives" and that was inspiring also. I got to teach the kids in primary the second verse of "The Family Is of God" and tell them all about how important Fathers are. I did fine in jr. primary, but in sr. I have more kids who are not in a home with both parents, so I felt I needed to talk more. To explain that God is our Father and he presides and provides for our lives. That in my home there is not a father right now, but that it is okay. That these ideals are the goal they can all work towards as they grow up and become parents themselves. Yup, I cried. But I also got to bear my testimony that families can be together forever. That because of the Resurrection that we celebrate today, I can be with Nick again and also with Heavenly Father. That the things we sing about in primary are True and that Heavenly Father wants us to be happy. I hope that is what they took from primary today.
I want to share this blog post with you. Not only is this the kind of husband Nick was (is), it is what I hope to find again in this life. I'd love to hear your thoughts on it. My goal is to do what I can to continue to strengthen and sanctify my marriage like she talks about. http://not4naught.blogspot.com/2013/09/normal-0-0-1-1477-8422-st-johns.html
I hope you all felt the glorious truth of the resurrection today.





No comments:
Post a Comment