Can you believe it has been 13 months? I can hardly believe it. I have been wanting to go back through the emails we have received, especially those sent those first days of pain and print the ones with memories and thoughts about Nick. I finally feel strong enough today. Or glutton for punishment. When I think about that day, the uncertainty, the anguish, the numbing shock, I'm so grateful for all the love and support I felt from my family and friends. I never questioned that you would be there for me, but the outpouring of love and help was overwhelming and humbling. Thank you.
I started following the blog of a woman who is a fellow widow. She lost her husband and father-in-law in a plane crash two months before Nick left this life. She has a post that really hit me. Many times in the last 13 months I have wished it had been me, that he is such a great Dad that he could have handled this better than me. The post has changed my thinking and I'd like to share. Let me know what you think.
http://not4naught.blogspot.com/2013/09/im-lucky-one.html#more
2 comments:
This was a very powerful and touching blog. Thank you for sharing. I've added it to my reading list. Love you!
This is Veronica, I'm the widow who wrote the blog. Thank you so much for sharing my blog and I'm so glad that it helped you. Here is my email if you ever need someone to talk to veronicaclarke@byu.net. :)
Post a Comment