Sunday, November 23, 2014

11.23.14



I started my job this week!  I work as a math aide for a first grade teacher at Christopher's elementary school.  Really, I do whatever she wants me to do to help her in the classroom.  I do a lot of the things I did in her class as a parent volunteer, but now I get paid! It is great!

Monday night I went to the last class in the How to Avoid Falling for a Jerk series.  I highly recommend it to anyone wanting to date.  It was a good refresher course for me.  For many in the class, it was more like how to not make the same mistake twice. ;)

Tuesday I went to institute class.  Thomas and Annelise were supposed to go do baptisms for the dead, but came home from school not feeling great.  Since Christopher had stayed home sick, I thought it was best if they didn't go.  I'll have to take them another time.

This week Annelise and I finished watching "My Fair Lady".  The past few days she keeps saying, "I don't like how it ended!"  I told her I like to think that after it ended she threw his slippers at him again and left for good. ;)

Thursday I had my first It Works! party.  We had fun!  That night the kids and I went and helped with sorting donated clothes and shoes.  Then Saturday we helped again and they had people in the community who need clothes come through and pick out clothes, shoes, coats, hats and gloves.  It was great to be part of something that was helping others.

Friday I was part of an organ donation presentation.  It was really good, but it was emotional for me.  I feel like I'm still trying to pull myself together.  This is supposed to get easier, right?

Today in Primary Music, we learned the Twelfth Article of Faith.  Then we learned "Go the Second Mile".  I don't remember learning that one in primary, but it has a great message so I wanted to teach it.  We can all help others, even more than we are asked to do, and do it with a smile.  And I really believe that you'll find that you are happy when you go the second mile.

And here is my quote for the week:  “Bad things do happen; how I respond to them defines my character and the quality of my life. I can choose to sit in perpetual sadness, immobilized by the gravity of my loss, or I can choose to rise from the pain and treasure the most precious gift I have—life itself.” ~ Walter Anderson

I hope we can all recognize our blessings this week, especially family and friends.

I am including pictures of Thomas's fun party last week!




No comments: