Sunday, December 14, 2014

12.14.14

Okay, so I took a break for a few weeks.  We had Thanksgiving with lots of family time.  I went to an employee Bowling for Turkeys party and an employee Christmas dinner and also got a small bonus.  Wow!  I got hired at the right time!


I'm really enjoying my job.  I'm starting to learn all the kids names and they still seem excited to have me there every day.  The teacher really appreciates me!

Thomas had rehearsals and orchestra performances most days last week.  It was fun to watch the performance!  He is also doing lacrosse conditioning five days a week at 6:00 in the morning.  Guess who gets to drive him?  We got him a Utah Driver Handbook, so I think soon he will be ready to get his permit.

I had a birthday.  Yay.  My parents came up and helped a TON with little things around the house that needed to be done.  It was fun to have them here.

I also got a load of gravel... that was good to get ordered and here.  It is sure nice to not drive through mud and drag it into my garage every day!

We had some great family pictures taken.  And some really good ones of the kids!

I'm still dreading Christmas.  I think I'm finally ready to sit down and start doing something in preparation.  Nick was so good at this...surprises, ideas for gifts...figuring out how to make it all work and how to have everything just right so we were all excited.  I guess I have a lot to learn.

Thank goodness that is not what Christmas is all about.  I'm so grateful for the gift of Jesus Christ.  His birth, life, example, sacrifice, love, death, resurrection, mercy.  When I stop and remember the real reason for all of this, I know it will all be okay.







No comments: