Sunday, November 16, 2014

11.16.14

Some great news! I received a job offer!  I will be working as an aide to a first grade teacher helping with math.  It is only about nine hours a week, but I'm excited to start supporting myself.

Monday I went to the second relationship class.  Tomorrow is the last one.  The fun part of the class for me has been renewing a friendship with another member of the class.  I met Keri in our married student ward when Thomas was a baby.  We had a class together at USU and were in a study group.  Shortly after I moved out of the ward, she got a divorce and decided that she needed to figure out what she believes.  In the last 14 years, she has taken a long, hard, bumpy, and painful road.  She has come to the conclusion that members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints who live their religion are just happier and she is working on getting all of her blessings reinstated.  

Tuesday afternoon some young men in our ward came over and helped clear off my garden.  What a relief it is to have that done!

Thursday, two friends came and helped me sauce the rest of my apples.  It was fun and we got a lot done!

This coming week the kids and I are going to participate in a thee-day service project giving clothes to the needy here in Cache Valley.  I am excited to have a way we can give back since we have been so blessed.

Today we were able to hear my parents report on their mission in their ward.  It was fun to hear some stories again and some new stories from their experiences.  I loved the analogy Dad made comparing people to batteries.  When we become converted to the gospel of Jesus Christ, we go through a change and can become rechargeable.  Some have a high service rating, holding their charge for a long time and only needing a short recharge time.  Others allow themselves to wear down easily and require a long charge time.  Are we sufficiently changed so that we can be very useful to our Father?  How can we do better with our prayers and study of the scriptures so that we are being recharged and ready to do His will?

On our way home we stopped to see David and Jordan's new baby Watson and I got to hold him!

I hope you have a great week!






No comments: