Sunday, October 12, 2014

10.12.14

It was fun to have Natalie and her kids as well as Jordan and her kids at Thomas's game on Tuesday!  It is fun to watch him play :)

I've started walking in the morning with a few ladies in my neighborhood.  It has been fun to visit with them but I really miss my aerobics group.  :(  One of the friends showed up as I was about to slice cucumbers up for pickles.  I had a mandolin...it wouldn't have been so bad for my arm, right?  She was really helpful and also took all my tomatoes and peeled and diced them so I can freeze them to make salsa later.  They offered to help me with applesauce but I guess I'm still hoping this arm will get all better really quickly and I'll be able to do it myself.

Last week Brother McBride came and cleaned out my chimney.  He also helped move and chop some wood.  There is still more to be done and I'd really like to improve the outside wood storage area, but maybe that will have to wait until next year.

Saturday we went to West Jordan to help clean up my parents' house and yard in preparation for them coming home from their mission.  They will be coming through Cache Valley on Halloween!

Today in primary I had a bunch of random items that one child got to pick and lead a song with.  A wooden spoon, a paint brush, a glow stick, a spatula, a ruler, a feather duster, and others.  I think they had fun, I got to rest my arm, and I got to see how much of them knowing the songs depends on if I am mouthing the words well enough.  ;)

I just read this quote in my scripture study tonight.  I love it, it is from Gordon B. Hinckley from 198. "Let us never forget, my brethren and sisters, that each of us is a part of the whole and that what we do mars or beautifies the magnificent panorama of the kingdom of God."
God Grant Us Faith

I pray we can each beautify the panorama around us!


PS I had planned to take some pictures at the cleanup but forgot.  

PPS Sorry this is so late, I keep forgetting to send it!  Please keep me in your prayers today.  I have a job interview  :)

No comments: