After going through the temple, we had yummy ice cream, then went to the house of some friends who used to live in our ward but now live in Ogden. We had a nice time talking with him, I was sad she was working and we didn't get to see her. After stopping for a yummy lunch, we decided to go to Promontory Point. I've always wanted to go there. It isn't close to anything, though, so you have to make a concerted effort to go there. I'm glad we did. The trains were cool. I don't think we need to do that again. ;)
Thursday I went and helped my Type 1 friend go through her closet. I'm not sure when I've seen so many clothes in one place that wasn't a store. I helped her know (the best I could) which clothes would be good for her type, although I warned her that I haven't been through the Type 1 course, so she couldn't hold me responsible if I was wrong. I had fun, though, and hauled five boxes of clothes out of her house. I even found some Type 4 clothes that fit me!
Friday after the orthodontist, we went shopping for some school stuff. Christopher wasn't looking forward to school until we got him some supplies. Now he can't wait! If you ask, he would love to show you his new lunch box. We are going to try to find a thermos that will fit inside it. I would love any suggestions anyone has.
Yesterday was catch up day! Water the yard, sort and wash the laundry, clean the house, dishes, make granola and zucchini bread, cook and cut the corn in my fridge, cut up the peppers in my fridge, prepare for primary music, and then clean up all the messes I made! Whew! I was exhausted, but wanted a break, so I went to a singles activity. We were late (my Type 1 friend was late) and so we stayed for a party after. I should have gone to bed sooner because I woke up sick! Luckily I have a great friend who substituted for me in primary at the last minute. I sure miss it when I'm not there!
We have had a great summer and I can honestly say we crossed off most of the items on our summer bucket list! Maybe we can slip a few more things in this week.... We have loved visiting with so many of you this summer.
Brother Morrey's Dad died on Friday night. Another great man who is now with his sweetheart again. It is a good reminder that life is precious and we should make each moment count. Appreciate the little things. Let the people you love know you love them. Try to see the good. Look for the light in others and treat them like that is all you see.





No comments:
Post a Comment