Wednesday morning Tonya took Robyn, Thomas, and Christopher on a quick hike before we left that part of the state and headed to MaryAnn's. We had a great time with MaryAnn and her family. Swimming, four wheeling, movie watching, playing with kittens, and hanging out with cousins made for a great 24 hours.
You know what comes after vacations, right? Laundry, cleaning the house, catching up on yard work and watering, and trying to convince kids that every day can't be filled with fun and games.
I made more progress on the door yesterday, getting two coats of a clear finish on one side. Whew. Today in Primary music we learned "Seek the Lord Early." I sang the wrong words and had them help me figure out the right words. I think they had fun. I did. :) We will see if they remember any of them next week. Three months until the program, plenty of time to practice all these songs we have learned this year!
I heard a quote this week by George Holbrook Jackson. "Happiness is a form of courage." I think it is true! We can decide to be happy in spite of the odds, in spite of our fears, in spite of our current view of life. We can all be courageous and choose to be happy. I dare you.
One more thought. Last week in the temple, I was remembering the first time Nick was called to be the elders quorum president in our ward. Normally, when a man is being called to be the elders quorum president, the stake president will call the man and his wife in to his office and extend the call. But I wasn't there when Nick was extended the call. The stake president had a minute and saw him and just asked him. When I asked President Miller about it later he said, "I knew that you would be okay with it. I wasn't worried about you." The funny thing was, I didn't feel like President Miller knew me at all.
I don't remember being part of the discussion when Nick was called to the other side. I don't remember getting a chance to say, "That is going to be too hard for me" or "I don't think I can support my husband in that call." (Okay, honestly I don't think I would have said that.) I have felt and been told in blessings several times that Nick knows I'm going to be okay. I don't always feel great about this situation, but I'm going to be okay. And I know that Heavenly Father knows me so much better than President Miller did. He knows my strengths. My weaknesses. What I need to do and know to be prepared to see Him again and be with Him and Nick forever. I hope I can live up to those expectations.
I'm so grateful for all of my family and friends that Heavenly Father put in my life to help me through everything. Thank you!












No comments:
Post a Comment