Monday, July 28, 2014

7.27.14

Glen and his family came to visit us on Monday!  We had a great time with them.  We had dinner and family night, found floor space or a mattress for everyone, slept, had breakfast, and they headed off to a family reunion.  It is amazing to see what wonderful people all their kids are becoming!

Wednesday we headed to Fairview.  We stayed at the cabin a couple of nights, going down to Fairview for the parade and activities on the 24th of July.  It was great to see my kids have so much fun with their cousins.  Good memories were made.  The highlight of being at the cabin came Friday morning when Gerald and Shauna came.  He had shirts for Nick's parents and for me and each of my kids.  They also gave us each one of the medals he won at the Transplant Games of America.  They shared great stories and gave us lots of hugs.  For some reason, I love hugging that great man, knowing part of Nick is still here, making Gerald's life better.

Friday night we went to the library summer reading party at the Logan Aquatic Center.  I must have handed out at least 10 boxes of pizza!  We had fun.

Sunday during Primary music, I had the kids sing "Gethsemane" and the Spirit was so strong!  Love it.  We learned the third verse of "Baptism."  I am trying to juggle practicing all the songs they will sing for the program so they don't forget them as well as teach them all the Articles of Faith songs.  Good thing I having so much fun!

Sunday night I went to a fireside and then Brother Morrey home taught us in his home.  Sister Morrey's Mother passed away last week, so I am heading down to her funeral this morning.  

I hope you are enjoying the summer with your families!




    



















No comments: