Tuesday we went with our friends the Schmidts to the Jump Zone, a trampoline park where we all jumped and played dodge ball and double shot and had a great time. Then we picked up sandwiches and ate them at the Schmidts' new house. We are so sad they are moving.
Friday was cow appreciation day at Chick-fil-A. Annelise and Christopher spent all morning on their costumes. Since the two of them were dressed like cows from head to toe, they each got a full meal free. I just put some black spots on my white shirt, so I only got a sandwich. Thomas didn't want to have anything to do with our craziness, he wouldn't even go inside with us. :)
This week it has been 18 months since Nick died. I try not to get too bogged down by numbers, but sometimes when I can recognize a milestone and allow myself time to be sad for a time and grieve, then it is easier to get up and move on. Wednesday was a sad day. And I moved on.
Saturday I went to a dance. I danced a lot and had fun. I met a nice guy. Today in primary music we started learning "Baptism" and worked on pioneer songs. They will sing in sacrament meeting next Sunday, so lots of repetition. I think that's what we all need, right? Repetition of positive, righteous things in our lives reinforce the seams that hold our lives together. I'm so grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ and the teachings of the church. We had patterns and routines already in place, so when a storm came, our seams held firm.




No comments:
Post a Comment