Sunday, May 4, 2014

5.4.14

It was an interesting week.  Granny finally got to go be with her sweetheart again.  That makes me sad and so happy at the same time.  I will miss her.  Like Elaine said at the funeral, she was my cheerleader, telling me to "do it MY way" and not worry about what others think I should do.  I will miss that support.  It was so great to see so much of my family this weekend!  So many cousins that I rarely see and siblings I don't see often enough, it was good to catch up.  

Since we were at the funeral, Thomas didn't get to play a lacrosse game this week.  He is a little antsy since he hasn't hit anyone in a few days.  

Annelise has been working hard in some of her classes where she has fallen behind.  She had a great voice lesson this week.  We got there in time to see the four baby lambs Dan and Lexie had picked up.  Unfortunately, their tails had not been cut off, so he will have to do it.  I told him I wouldn't stay for that!  ;)

Christopher and I had a great time making a volcano for his book report this week.  He did a great job with it and the presentation went well.  

Several people have asked how the siding project is going.  They are mostly done and I really like how it looks.  There are a few details that still need to be worked out before it is all done.  My neighbor picked up our lawn mower to work on it since it won't start.  He thinks it is just that the gasoline has gone bad.  I didn't realize that with there being ethanol in the gasoline now, many small engines are having problems.  Even generators that sit for a month need to have the carburetor cleaned out and new gas put in.  I'll have to keep that in mind when I store the mower next fall.  

The Green Smoothie Girl group buy purchase that I organized finally became available, so I picked that up while I was down that direction this weekend.  So, for all of you who were asking what I'm up to this week, that is what I will be doing.  Organizing, sorting, measuring, weighing, contacting, figuring amounts, and distributing.  If it all goes well, I may be willing to do it again in the fall.

Well, I think that is all!  My condolences to all of you already experiencing 90 degree weather! 



No comments: