Sunday, January 4, 2015

1.4.15


In the midst of preparations for Christmas, we received news that Nick's Mom was not doing well.  In the two years since she was diagnosed with breast cancer, she had gone through so much.  She did it so bravely that she gave me courage.  She never made me feel like I wasn't doing enough, just smiled in a way that made me want to get through everything with a smile too.  

Thinking about her in that hospital bed was hard for me.  Memories of my Nicholas lying there in a hospital bed, waiting for the doctors to tell me he was really and finally gone, were just too fresh.  Forgive me, Jane, for not being there to say goodbye.  

I married into the most amazing family.  Never once have I felt like an outsider.  Never once have I felt anything negative.  On the contrary, I have felt overflowing love and acceptance and caring.  Thank you.  

Jane left this life on December 20, 2014 and got to spend Christmas with Nick.  I was jealous.  He was probably jealous that I got to spend it with his family.  ;)  We had the funeral two days before Christmas.  It was beautiful.  I was glad my parents could be there to lend support and comfort.  Thank you.


Christmas was spent with the Kirkhams, then more fun activities with the Mabeys, including bowling, games, and ice skating.  Then more fun times with my brother David's family.

Then I got sick.  Yuck.  I think I got it from my kids.  After spending a couple of days in bed, I got up and prepared to spend a day helping with a booth for It Works!  One day turned into three and we finally made it home on Saturday.  

What a break.  The kids go back to school tomorrow and it feels like we hardly spent any of the last two weeks at home.  We made good memories, though, and enjoyed being together.

Well, another year has begun.  I hope it is a good one for all of you.

"Ring out the old; ring in the new.
Ring, happy bells, across the snow.
The year is going; let him go. 
Ring out the false; ring in the true.

Ring in the valiant men and free,
The larger heart, the kindlier hand.
Ring out the darkness of the land;
Ring in the Christ that is to be."
--Alfred Tennyson

Remember the song ends on a major chord.  Be a window to His love.  Be the major chord that brightens others' lives.









This is my Christmas present from Christopher...it says "I love you this............much (and more)"











No comments: