Tuesday, January 13, 2015

1.11.15

Well, this week marked two years since Nick passed on.  They call it an angelversary.  I had a lot of peace and a lot of times when I just wept.  Friday we went out to eat and then went to our friends' house and watched Gnomeo and Juliet.  I had forgotten how funny that movie is.  And how much Elton John there is in it...

Saturday we mostly just hung out at home.  Maybe some would call it moping?  I think next year I need to plan something productive.  Maybe a service project or something.  Because all of us grieving alone in the same house wasn't very much fun.  If you have any suggestions...I'm open.

Other than that, it was a fairly normal week.  I was sick Tuesday.  That was no fun.  I caught it from Christopher...then gave it to Thomas, who gave it to Anna.  Now we are all better. :)

Thomas started church basketball again.  I had a library board meeting.  We are getting ready for our Book and Bake sale in February.  That should be fun :)

Today in primary we continued learning "I Know That My Savior Loves Me". I love doing the sign language because then I can remember the words!  I love when we are singing and I can feel the Spirit testifying so strongly that the words are true.  I do know that my Savior loves me.

Tonight Christopher and I went to a Priesthood Preview.  I guess my emotions were a little closer to the surface than I thought since as soon as I sat down I started crying.  "Nick should be here" kept running through my head.  It was so loud I'm not sure I heard much of what was said for the first few minutes.  Then someone made me laugh and I was ok again.  I'm sure it will only be worse in September.  But afterwards Bishop McDonald gave me the sweetest priesthood blessing.  It really gave me hope.

I have a few thoughts to share tonight.  One is a quote that has been chasing around my brain for a while.  I don't know if it applies to everyone, but it is something I am working on.  "I plead with you not to dwell on days now gone, nor to yearn vainly for yesterdays, however good those yesterdays may have been... Look ahead, remember that faith is always pointed toward the future." Elder Holland

These two videos have the same idea, one in a Mormon Message and the other in a song.  Remember, hope is inextricably linked to faith, love, and charity.  Happy New Year!

Katherine




No comments: