Sunday, January 18, 2015

1.18.15



Exciting news!  This week Annelise got her braces off!   Yay!  Sad news.  Thomas had to get bottom braces on.  I think they have equally strong feelings about it.

Christopher is on the Robotics team for his school!  He was so excited when he was chosen.  They have their first competition this coming Saturday.  He is very excited!  And maybe a little nervous.

Institute classes have started again.  I am still trying to decide which one to go to.  The closer one is studying Doctrine and Covenants.  The one in Logan is studying Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith.  That would be really interesting!

Thomas and I went on a date.  We saw Interstellar.  We really enjoyed it!  He had already seen it, but was happy to go with me again.  He said he liked it just as much the second time.  As he gets closer to being able to date and drive, I am increasingly aware of what I haven't yet discussed with him.  

I have said it before and I'll say it again.  My kids need the positive influence of good men in their lives.  Especially ones who will talk to them about things Dads should talk to their kids about.  Men who will give them hugs and let them know they are all right.  Men who will be willing to listen to their little worries and their big joys.  And their big worries and their little joys.  Thank you, all of you who are being those good men.

Saturday night I went to a dance in Salt Lake with several other ladies from Cache Valley.  I had a lot of fun and even met a nice guy.

We talked about dynamics yesterday in Primary.  We sang "Called to Serve" legato, very soft and slow.  They all looked at me like I was nuts.  Then we talked about how that felt and why we don't sing it that way.  After singing it normally, we sang "To Think About Jesus" mezzo forte, medium loud, with energy.  That was weird.  After talking about it, we sang it normally, then talked about how we should sing "I Know That My Savior Loves Me."  It got me thinking.  If the way we sing changes the emotion and the feeling of the song, even for those just hearing it, how do the dynamics of our voices and our words influence others in general?  How can I change my dynamic for good?

I hope you have a good week.





No comments: