Kellie and I went shopping today looking for better prices for things I need than what we found before. Six hours (ugh!) of shopping later Kellie totaled it up and we saved over $2500! I guess that was worth it.
Rich worked hard the last couple of days and has (with helpers) put up studs in the kitchen and will be ready to sheetrock soon. Phil, the electrician, has been hard at work on the wiring. The half bathroom upstairs is framed in with a pocket door. The men doing the plumbing decided that instead of trying to connect to really old non-standard pipes, they are going to start where the water comes into the house and replace all the plumbing with PEX.
We are waiting for one more bid on cabinets since the guy we thought we were going to use didn't work out as planned.
We are still trying to figure out something for the exterior doors since none of them are a standard size either.
I guess that's all I have for today!
2 comments:
New plumbing sounds like a great idea. :) Way to go shaving $2,500 off the bill! Not too shabby. You're going to have your black belt in shopping by the time this is finished. How does the upstairs feel with the bathroom framed?
The loft feels much smaller. I'm not sure how else I could have done it, though! It will be great!
Post a Comment