Wednesday, August 7, 2013

A bunch of Newness

Okay, first of all, I bought some new drapes for the front room.  I needed a bit more color and decided not to put the Roman Shades back up.  I know the lighting is bad in these pics, but I hope you get the idea!



Next, I purchased a new vehicle!  The Mazda is 15 years old and has more than 150,000 miles on it, so I decided I needed something newer and more reliable long term.  I bought a 2012 Toyota Highlander.  It had less than 9,000 miles on it when I bought it, so basically brand spanking new!  So nice, I'm almost afraid to drive it!  It has up to seven seats, but most of the time we just have it set up for four.



Then, I bought a new dining set.  The table is counter height and will expand to seat eight.  I think it fits nicely in the space!


Now, here is a little sneak peek at the headstone I picked out Monday.  Ours will be a little different, but I think it is beautiful!  The picture doesn't do it justice, so you will all have to come see it.  It should be ready at the end of the month when family and friends are invited for Thomas's ordination to the office of Teacher.



Now we are getting ready to do some back-to-school shopping!  I'm getting a little tired of having to make all these decisions, but we are doing fine.  Love you all!


2 comments:

Brigitte said...

Love your pictures. That headstone will be stunning I'm sure. xoxoxo

Debra said...

Thanks for the update Kat. It's fun to see your house and your 'new' car. I'm sure having that reliable car is such a load off. Love you big sis!