Monday, March 2, 2009

More on the Front Room

So, since we got the wood-burning stove in, we finally turned our attention back to our front room.  We spread finishing mud over all the walls to even out the texture, since the walls are plaster.  The kids even helped with the mudding!

Next we did a good primer over all the mud.
And it looked like this.
We finally got to paint
and this is how it turned out!


Okay, so the edges still need some work, but it's mostly painted.  We love the color!  We still have to get blinds, then do some decorating (hint, hint--this is what I can use some help with!).  We are planning on using red as an accent color--maybe some valances?   Anyway, we are happy with our progress!

2 comments:

Amy Marble said...

You've done some major blog updating!! It's fun to see what your family has been up to. I love the color of your family room - it's so cheerful! The woodstove looks great too, I'm sure you've really enjoyed that this winter. Also, I've heard about how fun Hardware Ranch is - we may have to meet you this next winter - I'm sure my kids would LOVE it! Keep the pictures coming - they're fun to see!

AndreaM said...

Your painting project turned out great! I cant wait to see what you do next. If you do red as an accent you might use black for frames and decorations. Target has some interesting black decorations.